The Welsh College of Pharmacy was established in 1919 as part of the Technical College.
Prior to 1919 there were no formal classes in pharmacy offered anywhere in Wales, the nearest available were in Bristol.
Since the Second World War, there have been many changes including moving to a new building in 1960 and the introduction of the four year degree, the MPharm.
They are considered one of the foremost schools of pharmacy in the UK. Their influence is felt in many aspects of the practice of pharmacy in this country and around the world. Five presidents of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society were graduates from the School and the only pharmacist in recent times to be knighted, Sir Roger Jones, graduated here in 1966.