This means that every project now gets a short smartphone app-manual for free, which can easily be linked on any project's homepage. All projects can use this manual wherever they need it and also distribute it via their blogs, websites and social media channels, sending it to users or making it available for download. The manual is optimized for printing and uses just 2 pages.
All Citizen Science manuals feature following sections:
- How to add a Citizen Science observation in the app
- How to browse the data and filter the observations
- How to edit or update a spot on the map
- How to use the various community features like comments, hearts and following
- How to use the interface and interact with the project
and much more..
As part of our service for Citizen Science projects, we of course style the document with the project colour scheme and the project logo to match the apps and the "project's identity". Designwise, the PDF is structured into 2 columns and has the official teaser artwork as its header image to instantly communicate the research topic.
With just around 430 KB in file size, it still answers all frequently asked questions and explains every button in the apps: the inclusion of the icons representing the app icons as visual references in the manual makes it very easy to follow.
You can try out the various functions in our demo StreetArt.